Unlocking locked Excel files can be a real pain, especially when you have some important data in the file & you can’t access that file. So, in this article, we will discuss some useful ways to unlock Excel files without any Application. Along with that, we will present you with some FAQ’s that might be helpful for you if you ever face difficulties in unlocking Excel files.
Cara Membuka File Excel yang Terkunci Tanpa Aplikasi
If you forget your Excel file password, then it becomes tricky to unlock it. There are many paid applications available in the market that can unlock your Excel file, but why pay when you can do it for free. Here are some ways to unlock your Excel file without any application:
Method 1: Using Notepad to Unlock Excel
This is a simple and straightforward method you can use to unlock an Excel file. Here are the steps:
- Open the locked Excel file in Notepad.
- Go to line 23 and look for the word “sheetProtection”.
- Delete the entire line containing the word “sheetProtection”.
- Save your changes in Notepad and close the file.
- Now open the Excel file and you will see that it is unlocked.
Method 2: Using VBA Code to Unlock Excel
Using VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) code is another way to unlock Excel files. However, this method is a bit technical, and you need to have some basic knowledge of VBA code to perform this method. Here are the steps:
- Open the locked Excel file and press Alt + F11 to open the VBA Editor.
- Click on the Insert option and choose Module.
- In the Module window, paste the following VBA code:
Sub PasswordBreaker() 'Breaks worksheet password protection. Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer On Error Resume Next For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66 For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66 For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66 For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126 ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _ Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _ Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n) If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _ Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _ Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n) Exit Sub End If Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next End Sub
4. Now click on the Run button or press F5 to run the code. Excel will display a usable password.
Now that you know how to unlock Excel without any application let’s look at some FAQ’s that might help you if you ever face difficulties in unlocking Excel files.
1. Why my Excel file is locked?
Excel files can be locked for various reasons, such as:
- You might have set a password to protect your Excel file from unauthorized access.
- Excel files can be shared as read-only.
- The Excel file may be locked because of file permission settings.
2. Can I unlock Excel files on my mobile phone?
Yes, you can unlock Excel files on your mobile phone with the help of an Excel reader, but it is recommended to use your laptop/desktop to unlock your Excel files.
Here is a video that might help you in unlocking your Excel files:
Unlocking an Excel file can be done easily if you know the right tools and techniques. In this article, we discussed two ways you can use to unlock Excel files without any application. We also provided you with some frequently asked questions related to unlocking Excel files. And, finally, for the visual learner, we have added a video tutorial as well.
You can try these methods if you are ever in trouble and your Excel file is locked, and you don’t know how to unlock it. We hope this article will be helpful to you. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please let us know in the comments. We would love to hear from you.