Installing Windows 10 using a USB flash drive is a convenient and easy way to install the operating system on your computer. It’s especially useful for those who don’t have a DVD drive on their device. In this article, we will show you how to install Windows 10 with a flash drive in three easy steps.
Step 1: Create a Windows 10 Installation Media
The first step in installing Windows 10 using a USB flash drive is to create a Windows 10 installation media. Here’s how:
- Download the Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft’s website. Make sure to select the correct version for your device.
- Insert a USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space into your computer.
- Download and install the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool from Microsoft’s website.
- Run the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool and select the ISO file you downloaded in step 1.
- Choose the USB device option and select the USB flash drive you inserted in step 2.
- Click on the “Begin copying” button to start the process.
Once the process is complete, you will have a bootable USB flash drive with the Windows 10 installation media.
Step 2: Boot Your Computer From the USB Flash Drive
The next step is to boot your computer from the USB flash drive. Here’s how:
- Insert the USB flash drive into your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Press the appropriate key to enter the boot menu. This key may vary depending on your device, but it’s usually one of the function keys (F1 to F12) or the Delete key.
- Select the USB flash drive from the boot menu and press Enter.
- The Windows 10 setup will now begin.
Step 3: Install Windows 10
The final step is to install Windows 10 on your computer. Here’s how:
- Select your language, time, and keyboard preferences and click “Next”.
- Click on the “Install now” button.
- Enter your product key or skip this step if you don’t have one.
- Accept the license terms and click “Next”.
- Select the installation type that you want and click “Next”.
- Select the partition where you want to install Windows 10 and click “Next”.
- The installation will now begin.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a USB flash drive that already contains data?
A: No, you cannot use a USB flash drive that already contains data to create the Windows 10 installation media. The process will erase all the data on the USB flash drive.
Q: Do I need a product key to install Windows 10 using a USB flash drive?
A: You don’t need a product key to install Windows 10 using a USB flash drive. You can skip the product key entry step during the installation process, and Windows will still be installed and activated. However, you will have limited features until you activate it.
Installing Windows 10 using a USB flash drive is a quick and easy process that anyone can do. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can install Windows 10 on your computer with ease. If you have any questions or encounter any issues during the installation process, feel free to consult the Windows support website.
For a visual walkthrough of the process, check out the video tutorial below: