Windows 10 is the latest operating system launched by Microsoft and has gained immense popularity among the people for its high-end performance. However, over time, the performance of Windows 10 starts to slow down and therefore, users often seek ways to reinstall it. Reinstalling Windows 10 can be a daunting task for some people as they are not sure about the steps involved in the process. In this article, we will discuss how to reinstall Windows 10 easily and quickly.
Reinstalling Windows 10 is not as complicated as it seems, and can easily be done by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Backup Your Data
Before reinstalling Windows 10, it is important to backup all your data as the installation process will erase all your files and folders. You can backup your data to an external hard drive, cloud storage, or any other storage device of your choice.
Step 2: Create Installation Media
Once you have backed up your data, the next step is to create installation media for Windows 10. You can create installation media in two ways, i.e. using a USB drive or by burning it to a DVD. To create installation media using a USB drive, follow the steps given below:
1. Insert a USB drive with at least 8GB of storage into your computer.
2. Open the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
3. Select “Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC” option.
4. Select the language, edition, and architecture of Windows 10 you want to install.
5. Select “USB flash drive” option and click “Next”.
6. Select the USB drive you want to use and click “Next”.
7. Wait for the tool to download and copy the Windows 10 files to the USB drive.
Step 3: Boot From Installation Media
Once you have created the installation media for Windows 10, the next step is to boot your computer from the USB drive or DVD. To do this, follow the steps given below:
1. Insert the USB drive or DVD with Windows 10 installation media into your computer.
2. Restart your computer.
3. Press the appropriate key, such as F2 or Delete, to enter the BIOS settings.
4. Go to the Boot tab and select the USB drive or DVD as the first boot device.
5. Save the changes and exit the BIOS settings.
Step 4: Install Windows 10
Once you have booted your computer from the installation media, the next step is to install Windows 10. To do this, follow the steps given below:
1. Select your language, time, and keyboard preferences and click “Next”.
2. Click “Install now” to start the installation process.
3. Enter your product key if required and click “Next”.
4. Accept the license terms and click “Next”.
5. Select the “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)” option.
6. Select the partition where you want to install Windows 10 and click “Next”.
7. Wait for the installation process to complete.
8. Once the installation process is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your computer.
Congratulations! You have successfully reinstalled Windows 10 on your computer.
Q1. Will reinstalling Windows 10 delete all my files and folders?
A1. Yes, reinstalling Windows 10 will delete all your files and folders. Therefore, it is important to backup your data before reinstalling Windows 10.
Q2. Do I need to enter the product key during Windows 10 installation?
A2. You may need to enter the product key during Windows 10 installation. However, if your computer came with Windows 10 preinstalled, the product key may be embedded in the BIOS and Windows 10 will automatically activate after installation.
Include Video: How to Reinstall Windows 10
To further help you with the process of reinstalling Windows 10, we have included a tutorial video which will guide you through the entire process step-by-step. The video will show you how to create installation media for Windows 10, how to boot your computer from the installation media, and how to install Windows 10.[insert YouTube video link here]
Reinstalling Windows 10 may seem like a complicated process, but if you follow the steps mentioned above, it can easily be done. Remember, it is important to backup your data before reinstalling Windows 10 as you will lose all your files and folders during the installation process. If you are still unsure about the process, you can always refer to the tutorial video included in this article or seek help from a professional.